Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Jacket

By: Amberly Asay

"Please describe your idea of a perfect date."
"That's a tough one.  I'd have to say April 25th.  Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."

Whether or not this April 25th is going to require a jacket is debatable.  However a jacket can make or break an outfit.  There are three jackets I consider a necessity: jean jacket, leather jacket and army jacket.  These jackets can help take any jean and t-shirt outfit to a completely new look.


I have three different leather jackets (all hand me downs) in black, caramel and dark brown. When wearing a white t-shirt and jeans I can instantly go from lounging around the house to going on a hot date.  I like to pair a scarf with my jackets and a nice pair of sandals.

Jean jackets are another great staple (again another hand me down).  I love wearing mine with summer dresses and with colored t-shirts underneath.  It makes a more comfortable outfit, but please don't wear a jean jacket with similar colored jeans.  This isn't the 90s.

Army jackets, this doesn't mean camouflage.  Instead think of the feminine twist you can have on the army styles.  Women who served in World War II wore fitted jackets that nipped in at the waist, and below-the-knee skirts that skimmed their lower bodies.  This jacket will give you more of a "metro" look and not only look fabulous but keep you warm too.

To get some more ideas from our Pinterest board visit this link:
http://www.pinterest.com/studio1030/jacket/

No comments:

Post a Comment